Suggested Resources – Art and Design
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of Art and Design qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/art/ – Resources to support the development of art skills, including videos. Aimed at the GCSE market, but still valid for underpinning skills development
- http://www.studentartguide.com/resources/free-art-teacher-resources – Free resources for art teachers, including line drawing techniques, videos and handouts
- https://www.vam.ac.uk/info/teachers-resources-for-primary-schools – Resources from the Victoria and Albert museum designed for primary schools so may be relevant to Entry 3 Skills for Art and Design qualifications
- https://www.vam.ac.uk/info/teachers-resources-for-secondary-schools-and-colleges – Resources from the Victoria and Albert museum designed for secondary schools and colleges so may be relevant to Level 1 and 2 Skills for Art and Design qualifications
- http://www.tate.org.uk/learn/online-resources – A wide range of resources to support development of skills and knowledge of art concepts from the Tate Gallery. Resources are designed for all age groups and this could help to define which to use for different ability levels for adult use
- http://www.artscouncilcollection.org.uk/explore/learning-resources – A number of resources from the Arts Council Collection to support art education
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcvEcrsF_9zKCJhCr7yrT5NrRzktgd57a – Video clips from the BBC for Art and Design including techniques and tips and interviews with artists
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.