Suggested Resources – Childcare
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of childcare qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- https://global.oup.com/education/secondary/subjects/vocational/childcare/free-resources/?region=uk – Free Resources from Oxford University Press that give a flavour of the materials that they have available for VLEs. Includes: A Practical Guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage, Material for L2 and L3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce, Good Practice in Nursery Management
- http://www.thecommunicationtrust.org.uk/earlyyears/ – Resources to develop speaking, listening and communication skills in children
- http://www.thecommunicationtrust.org.uk/register-for-online-short-course/ – Free online short course for practitioners to understand more about children’s speech, language and communication development
- http://www.thecommunicationtrust.org.uk/early-years/lucid-nursery-world-magazine-communication-language-series/ – Series of articles about how to develop children’s language and communication skills
- http://www.autism.org.uk/professionals/teachers/teaching-young-children.aspx – Support materials about supporting children with autism
- http://www.ndcs.org.uk/professional_support/our_resources/education_resources.html – Support materials for working with deaf and hearing impaired children
- https://www.scope.org.uk/support/professionals/preschool-teachers – Suggestions for working with disabled children in early years settings
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/topic/childcare-and-teaching – Literacy and numeracy skills embedded within a childcare context. Literacy and numeracy materials from Entry 1 to Level 1
- http://www.idponline.org.uk/ – A range of modules to support understanding of how to support children and young people with SEND
- http://www.devpsy.org/teaching/ – Teaching resources related to child development and psychology
- https://www.skillsworkshop.org/contextual?op=or&tid_depth%5B%5D=12 – Embedded literacy and numeracy resources for health, social care and early years learners
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/ – Website from Citizens Advice giving advice on rights at work
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.