Suggested Resources – Construction
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of construction qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/topic/construction – Literacy and numeracy skills embedded within a construction context. Literacy and numeracy materials from Entry 1 to Level 1
- http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/FEAndVocational/GlobalPages/BTECEntry3Level1/BTECEntry3Level1samples.aspx – Link to some sample Entry3/L1 resources from Pearson
- https://practicalaction.org/material-information-product-design – A link for students to gain information about issues and principles behind materials choice and specific information about the sustainability of materials.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/ocr_gateway/chemical_resources/construction_materialsrev3.shtml – BBC GCSE Bitesize resource within the science section but related to construction materials
- http://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/resources/index.htm – Health and Safety Executive resources suitable for construction students. Includes case studies, fact sheets, leaflets and posters
- https://global.oup.com/education/secondary/subjects/vocational/building/free-resources/?region=uk – Oxford University Press evaluation resources for construction topics
- https://www.skillsworkshop.org/category/context/painting-decorating-diy – E,bedded literacy and numeracy worksheets in a construction context
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/ – Website from Citizens Advice giving advice on rights at work
- https://xtlearn.net/NLN – Online learning materials from NLN – you may need to sign in to see them. Go to Vocational or School Diplomas and select L2 or L3 on Construction to see a wide range of subjects
- http://www.citb.co.uk/cberesources/ – Resources and support to 14 to 19 construction and the built environment students and those who teach them. There are also suggested methods of engaging employers in training programmes
- https://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf1138 – Integrated assignments related to construction from the Excellence Gateway
- https://practicalaction.org/teaching-resources-construction – Resources related to sustainable design and technology
- https://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf1404 – Workbook related to safety in construction from Excellence Gateway
- https://www.tes.com/articles/construction-and-built-environment-teaching-resources – Links to construction and built environment resources on TES – teachers need to login to access them
- https://www.stem.org.uk/resources/community/collection/24330/construction-and-built-environment – A range of resources that provide opportunities to embed mathematics within construction contexts
- http://www.khake.com/page82.html – Although an American site, there are some useful links to lesson plans related to teaching a wide range of construction topics, including some mathematics topics relevant to construction
- http://www.engagingplaces.org.uk/teaching%20resources/art64196 – A-Z glossary of construction and building materials
- http://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/resources/videos.htm – Video links from HSE specifically around health and safety in construction
- http://teachers.designengineerconstruct.com/classroom/help-from-industry/industry-online-resources/ – Guide to Building Information Management (BIM)
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.