Suggested Resources – Facilities
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of facilities qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/topic/environment-and-cleaning – Literacy and numeracy skills embedded within a cleaning and environmental context. Literacy and numeracy materials from Entry 1 to Level 1
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/search?content=facilities&EGresourcetype[How%20to%20-%20Teaching%2C%20learning%20and%20assessment]=How%20to%20-%20Teaching%2C%20learning%20and%20assessment&sort_bef_combine=score%20DESC&sort_order=DESC&sort_by=score – Links to activiies related to facilities and cleaning – first page of links are most relevant to this sector. From Excellence Gateway
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/ – Website from Citizens Advice giving advice on rights at work
- http://www.hse.gov.uk/cleaning/resources.htm – Health and safety resources for cleaners from the Health and Services Executive
- http://www.cleanlink.com/ – News and articles related to cleaning services
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWa1ZlqneQ – Video regarding Norovirus for environmental cleaning staff
- http://www.citb.co.uk/cberesources/learning-materials/ – Links to learning resources for construction and the built environment plus some support for facilties management
- http://www.wamitab.org.uk/useruploads/files/focuson/focus_on_facilities_management_august_2014.pdf – Article giving an overview of the facilities management industry
- https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/facilities-manager – Overview of the facilties manager job role from the national careers service
- http://www.fm-world.co.uk/ – Website giving information about the latest news in Facilities Management
- https://facilityexecutive.com/ – Website related to topics relevant to facilities management
- http://teachers.designengineerconstruct.com/classroom/help-from-industry/industry-online-resources/ – Article about energy use in the home
- https://esol.britishcouncil.org/content/learners/english-for-work/cleaners-0 – British Council resources around cleaning with embedded ESOL
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.