Suggested Resources – Hair and Beauty
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of hair and beauty qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/topic/hair-beauty-and-fashion – Literacy and numeracy skills embedded within a hair and beauty context. Literacy and numeracy materials from Entry 1 to Level 1
- https://www.skillsworkshop.org/contextual?op=or&tid_depth%5B%5D=8 – Literacy and numeracy skills embedded within a hair and beauty context. Literacy and numeracy materials from Entry 1 to Level 1
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf1449 – Hair and skin game – powerpoint resource
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf1606 – Scalp analysis for colouring hair lesson plan as a powerpoint from the Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf1448 – Cutting booklet from Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf935 – A module on the stylist and client from Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf934 – A module on reception duties from the Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf936 – A module on using products from the Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf937 – A module on working safely in the salon from the Excellence Gateway
- http://www.excellencegateway.org.uk/content/etf938 – A module on giving a good impression in the salon from the Excellence Gateway
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/ – Website from Citizens Advice giving advice on rights at work
- http://www.pdst.ie/node/2977 – Wide range of worksheets related to hair and beauty – they may need slight adaptations as they are not UK based
- http://www.boardworks.co.uk/hair–beauty_776 – Range of teaching and learning resources for hair and beauty
- http://hairdressing.jisc.ac.uk/ – ICT based resources for hairdressing from JISC
- https://xtlearn.net/NLN – Online learning materials from NLN – you may need to sign in to see them. Go to Vocational or School Diplomas and select L2 on Beauty and Hairdressing to see a wide range of subjects
- https://global.oup.com/education/secondary/subjects/vocational/beauty/free-resources/?region=uk – Sample resources for beauty
- https://www.dove.com/uk/dove-self-esteem-project/school-workshops-on-body-image-confident-me.html – Free resources from Dove to support schools to teach about body image
- http://ecohairandbeauty.com/resources/ – Resources related to sustainability within the hair and beauty sector.
- https://hairdressing.jisc.ac.uk/resource_type/quiz/ – ICT resources – quizzes for hairdressers
- http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/casestudies/pdf/hairdressers.pdf – Sample risk assessment for hair salon from HSE
- https://www.tes.com/articles/hair-and-beauty-teaching-resources – Hairdressing resources from TES – need login to access – some require payment
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.