Suggested Resources – Music
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of music qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zpf3cdm – Resources to support the development of underpinning knowledge of underpinning skills in composers, composing and performing music, styles of music, theory of music and music production. Aimed at the GCSE market, but would be beneficial for Level 2 Skills for suite
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcvEcrsF_9zJzbN2GjOQbMXlzBh2VSJXe – Link to BBC video clips on YouTube to support the development of understanding of topics relevant to music composition, composers, techniques etc
- http://www.sheetmusic1.com/MUSIC.RACK.HTML – Free resources and sheet music to download
- http://musicards.net/ – Onine music theory flashcards. These cards can be used to teach students about note names, key signatures, intervals, triads, piano notes, and guitar notes.
- http://www.flashmusicgames.com/ – Online flash games to teach ear training and instruments like guitars, drums, and piano.
- https://www.education.com/worksheets/the-arts-music/ – Access over 50 free printable worksheets for music theory
- http://www.opusmusicworksheets.com/ – A range of music theory worksheets and flashcards
- http://www.musicfun.net.au/ – An australian website but has a wide range of music resources including worksheets, lesson plans, musical arrangements, information about composers etc
- http://www.helpteaching.com/free-music-worksheets.htm – An American site but packed with free worksheets. A large variety of quizzes, tests, and worksheets cover general music, music history, music theory, musical instruments, and more.
- http://www.toolsforeducators.com/music.php – Good range of music worksheets and you can even create your own. Includes printable music board games, musical instrument printables, and make worksheets on types of music notes, rests, accents, dynamics and time signatures
- http://www.stepwisepublications.com/free-music-worksheets.html – Free finger pattern worksheets for bands and orchestras
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zb97sbk – BBC resources aimed at secindary market but relevant to Level 2. Includes some video clips.
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.