Suggested Resources – Performing Arts
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of performing arts qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zpf3cdm – Resources to support the development of underpinning knowledge of underpinning skills in composers, composing and performing music, styles of music, theory of music and music production. Aimed at the GCSE market, but would be beneficial for Level 2 Skills for suite
- https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcvEcrsF_9zK2k1frufn7vg-izlkDqcCD – Links to BBC videos on YouTube specifically around drama and performing arts. Includes techniques, Shakespeare and contemporary drama
- http://dramaresource.com/teaching/ – Some exemplar resources aimed at primary school children, but may provide some ideas for teaching other age groups, particularly the anti-bullying and World War 2 Evacuees
- https://xtlearn.net/NLN – Online learning materials from NLN – you may need to sign in to see them. Go to Vocational and select the relevant level on Performing Arts to see a wide range of subjects
- http://www.helpteaching.com/free-arts-worksheets.htm – A large variety of quizzes, tests, and worksheets covering dance, theatre, visual arts, and more.
- https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Browse/PreK-12-Subject-Area/Drama/Price-Range/Free/Type-of-Resource/Worksheets – Although some of the resources are only avaialble under a paid subscription, there are some free resources for drama on this website
- http://www.k12reader.com/worksheet/drama-vocabulary-match/ – Worksheet to match clues with drama vocabulary
- https://mhschool.com/lead_21/grade4/ccslh_g4_rl_1_2c_l2.html – Worksheet related to the elements of drama with explanations of the elements
- https://gb.education.com/lesson-plan/poems-prose-and-drama-oh-my/ – Understanding different typs of genre lesson plan and resources. Includes an activity using Anne Frank’s diary
- http://www.ncca.ie/uploadedfiles/P_Mod_Drama.pdf – Guidelines for teaching drama to learners with modertae learning difficulties
- http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/270328-set-and-prop-design-topic-exploration.pdf – Free resources for teaching about props and dance from OCR for GCSE Drama – includes worksheets
- http://www.kinkybootsthemusical.co.uk/downloads/Kinky_Boots_Post-Show_Resources_Drama_Pack.pdf – Evaluation of live show – Kinky Boots including reflection and recall – teaching and learning pack
- http://study.com/academy/practice/quiz-worksheet-history-types-of-dance-music.html – Information and quiz related to history of dance
- https://en.islcollective.com/resources/search_result?Tags=dance&searchworksheet=GO&type=Printables – Range of worksheets designed for English as a second language students but suitable for any to look at dance through English
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.