Suggested Resources – Sport
The following support materials have been collated from third party websites to help your delivery of sport qualifications. Whilst we have provided suggested levels and usage, you should check the resources are appropriate for your learners and learning outcomes before using.
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/znyb4wx – Resources to support the development of sports underpinning knowledge including performing sports and the body. Aimed at the GCSE market but relevant for Level 2 Skills for…
- http://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolleges.co.uk/FEAndVocational/GlobalPages/BTECEntry3Level1/BTECEntry3Level1samples.aspx – Link to some sample Entry3/L1 resources from Pearson
- https://www.skillsworkshop.org/contextual?op=or&tid_depth%5B%5D=15 – Embedded literacy and numeracy activities within a sports context
- https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/ – Website from Citizens Advice giving advice on rights at work
- https://xtlearn.net/NLN – Online learning materials from NLN – you may need to sign in to see them. Go to Vocational and select the relevant level on health studies and sports science to see a wide range of subjects
- http://www.teachingideas.co.uk/subjects/sports – Wide range of links to resources for teaching sport
- http://www.teachpe.com/ – Free resource for Sports Coaching and Physical Education – includes coaching tips, video drills, training advice, lesson notes, online quizzes, downloadable worksheets and more.
- https://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/article/sport-great – A lesson plan about the place of sport in society – aimed at ESOL learners, but suitable for anyone
- http://www.peresourcesbank.co.uk/free-resources/ – A range of resources for key stage 3 and 4 so relevant to Levels 1 and 2.
- https://cafod.org.uk/Education/Secondary-teaching-resources/Sport-and-justice – Free resources suitable for Levels 1 and 2 related to sports and justice for young people
- http://www.thegrid.org.uk/learning/pe/ks1-2/resources/ – Hertfordshire Grid for Learning has a range of resources suitable for Key Stage 2, so Entry 3/Level 1 standard.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/subjects/zj6pyrd – BBC resources for Key Stage 2 PE – suitable for Entry 3/Level 1
- https://www.livestrong.com/article/155804-indoor-gym-games/ – Some ideas for indoor games
- http://www.eatrightpro.org/resource/practice/career-development/marketing-center/flyers-and-handouts – Range of handouts and flyers for healthy eating
- https://www.nhs.uk/livewell/healthy-eating/Pages/Healthyeating.aspx – Wide range of resources related to healthy living – includes videos and fact sheets from the NHS
- http://www.nutritionist-resource.org.uk/articles/adults-elderly.html – Healthy eating ideas for elderly people
- https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/healthy-eating/ – Advice from Age UK for healthy eating and lifestyles for elderly people
- https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/the-skeleton-and-muscles-powerpoint-and-worksheets-6091043 – Powerpoint and worksheets about the muscle structure of the body – from TES – free subscription required (some resources have to be paid for)
Please note: Gateway Qualifications is not responsible for the content of third party websites and, whilst we check external links regularly, the owners of these sites may move or remove documents at any time.