We are excited to let you know that we are reviewing and expanding our Access to Higher Education Diploma offer so have a busy validation schedule this year.
We are aiming to validate over 20 Diplomas and your input would be invaluable to shape and form this offer. These Diplomas, once validated, will not be restricted to specific providers but available for delivery to approved providers subject to course approval.
Gateway Qualifications is developing the Diplomas in consultation with the FE and HE sector which will inform the rules of combination and assessment approach.
Two Diplomas have been already been successfully validated and ratified by our Access to HE Committee. These are in subject areas that we have not previously offered, Environmental Studies and Hospitality and Business Management so we are excited to tell you about these. They are available for delivery by providers from August 2018-19 (subject to course approval). Further information on these Diplomas will appear in the Access to HE section of our website in due course.
The validation schedule will run from March – June for the remaining Diplomas, details of subjects listed below:
- Medicine ~ Science ~ Pharmacy
- Health Professions ~ Nursing ~ Midwifery
- Business Management ~ Law
- Health and Social Care ~ Social Science
- Counselling ~ Criminology and Sociology ~ Humanities ~ Psychosocial Studies
- Computing ~ ICT and Design Technology ~ Digital Media
- Early Years ~ Education and Childhood Studies ~ Primary Education ~ Teaching and Education
We are seeking validation panel members to contribute with current experience and expertise in:
- the delivery and assessment of Access to HE
- curriculum knowledge relevant to the Diploma(s)
- the delivery of HE programmes, in areas indicated as intended progression routes for the Diploma(s) being considered.
The development and validation process provides an excellent CPD opportunity so we are always happy to work with new colleagues and would welcome your contribution.
If you would like to know more about these Diplomas as those currently delivered in your centre are due for revalidation this year or next year, extend Access to HE provision at your centre, contribute to the content and structure of this offer or attend a panel (either in person or virtually), then please contact Quality@gatewayqualifications.org.uk.