Understand the importance of effective communication with parents and carers in children’s or young people’s settings
Learning Outcome 1: Indicative Content
The importance of effective communication with primary carers may include:
- sharing information about the child
- give advice and support
- understand unexplained changes in behaviour
Examples of effective and professional practice may include:
- providing clear and accurate information in an appropriate format for the parent
- regular updates
- making time to listen to the parent's concerns
- providing relevant information about the setting
Explain why it is important to communicate with carers and parents in a children’s or young people’s setting.
Describe effective and professional practice in communicating with parents and carers in children’s or young people’s settings.