Our mission is to support all learners in acquiring the knowledge, skills and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
As an Awarding Organisation, we do this by providing a wide range of Regulated qualifications, Access to HE Diplomas and Apprenticeships to education and training providers.
At Gateway Qualifications we believe:
- We are all individuals, and will thrive with learning that suits the way we learn.
- Every learner is different, and we offer a range of flexible products to cater to their needs.
- Learning champions future success, and the positive experience you have of learning is just as important and life-defining as the success at the end of it.
- Inspirational learning experiences empower learners, builds their self-esteem, confidence and life skills, and will make them more employable.
Everything we do at Gateway Qualifications is based on these principles:
Our expert teams have been supporting providers and changing futures for more than 30 years.
- 1982 – Gateway Qualifications ethos is firmly rooted in the Open College Network tradition. First launched in Manchester in 1982, Open Colleges sprang up across the country, with the core aim of providing a credit-based approach to learning
- 1992 – The Essex Open College Federation was founded, and in the following years this was merged with other Open College Networks in the Anglia, North East London and Hertfordshire areas
- 2005 – This group became known as OCN Eastern Region
- 2014 – OCN Eastern Region was rebranded as Gateway Qualifications
- 2022 – Gateway Qualifications named as Awarding Organisation of the Year by the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB)
- 2023 – Gateway Qualifications won three awards at the Federation of Awarding Bodies (FAB), including, Individual of the Year, Qualification of the Year and AO/Provider Relationship of the Year
We’re always looking forward, knowing we have a strong and reassuring track record based on more than 30 years of experience in the sector.
Our ambition remains the same. We want to empower learners everywhere, whatever their background or ability, by providing learning experiences that inspire personal development.
If you share our vision, contact us so we can work together to change futures.