Welcome to Gateway Qualifications, a new style of Awarding Organisation
Gateway Qualifications is the new name for Open College Network Eastern Region, an Awarding Organisation with over 20 years of expertise in the credit-based learning field. We offer more than 600 qualifications on the Register of Regulated Qualifications, and design and develop new qualifications.
What we do
Gateway Qualifications empowers learners by providing learning experiences that inspire personal development. Our learning structures are tailored to the individual, their personality, skill set and ability, and enable them to fulfil their ambition.
Building on the ethos, values and expertise of our Open College Network roots, today Gateway Qualifications is a shining light amongst Awarding Organisations.
Our focus is on creating the highest quality of qualifications which are accessible to all, and enable the learner to thrive.
We offer qualifications in the following areas, all of which have integrated employability skills:
Art and Design, Business and Administration, Childcare, Construction, Music and Music Technology, Customer Service, Hair & Beauty, Health and Social Care (Adults and Children), Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle, Performing Arts. Retail, Sports & Active Leisure and Travel and Tourism.
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to support learners to achieve their potential.
- A belief in the entitlement of people to gain recognition for their achievements in learning and to fulfil their potential.
- Respect for and encouragement of diversity in learners and learning approaches, partners and settings.
- A passion to make a difference to disadvantaged individuals, groups and communities.
- An ambition to open up opportunities for vocational progression and personal and social development.
- A commitment to integrity and ethical business practices.
Gateway Qualifications’ ethos is firmly rooted in the Open College Network tradition. First launched in Manchester in 1982, Open Colleges sprang up across the country, with the core aim of providing a credit-based approach to learning.
In 1992, the Essex Open College Federation was founded, and in the following years this was merged with other Open College Networks in the Anglia, North East London and Hertfordshire areas. In 2005 this group became known as OCN Eastern Region.
2014 marked another important step forward for the organisation, and saw us rebrand as Gateway Qualifications. We looked at ourselves, our sector, our customers and our learners, and created a brand that echoes everything we stand for.
Gateway Qualifications is based on the following principles:
- We are all individuals, and will thrive with learning that suits the way we learn.
- Every learner is different, and we offer a range of flexible products to cater to their needs.
- Learning champions future success, and the positive experience you have of learning is just as important and life-defining as the success at the end of it.
- Inspirational learning experiences empower learners, builds their self-esteem, confidence and life skills, and will make them more employable.
We’re on a journey to create a new style of awarding organisation. Come with us.
Our ambition is to create an Awarding Organisation that puts fresh emphasis on empowering learners everywhere by providing learning experiences that inspire personal development.
If you share our vision that everyone should be able to thrive and grow through learning, whatever their ability, come with us.
Please contact us to see how we can work together.