We are thrilled to reveal the winner of The Gateway Qualifications Access to HE Tutor of the Year Awards 2022 is Douglas Hunter.
Congratulations to Douglas Hunter and South Essex College
The education sector has been particularly challenged as we adapt to the ways of living, working, and learning during the pandemic. This year, we will celebrate and name the top 10 finalists because everyone deserves recognition for helping learners to the end of their diploma.
Top 10 (in alphabetical order according to first name):
- Ah-Yam Chan, Newham College
- Anne Tothill, South Essex College
- Douglas Hunter, South Essex College
- Emily Newham / Upham, South Essex College
- Gary Silkstone from Colchester Institute
- Matthew Harrington Keeton, ACL Essex
- Rhys Hawkins, South Essex College
- Tracey Page, USP College
- Vicky Burch, South Essex College
- Vicky Campbell-Irvine, South Essex College (Now at Newham College)
As part of the nomination form, students were asked to describe their tutor in 3 words. We have grouped all of the words together into a word cloud to show what Access to HE means to them.