Portfolio of evidence
The aim of this unit is to understand and be able to support sustainability and efficiency in a business.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Know how to support sustainability and efficiency in an business environment.
Importance of sustainability and efficiency
- To improve efficiency
- To improve brand value and reputation
- To support innovation
- To attract and retain staff
- To cut costs
- To help the environment
Causes of low levels of sustainability and efficiency
- Customers do not consider sustainability when deciding to buy
- Managers do not know how to motivate staff to undertake sustainability initiatives
- Changes to procedures and equipment can be too costly
- Sustainability does not fit into the business case for new products and services
How to improve sustainability and efficiency
- Think of new ways of recycling e.g. use upcycled furniture
- Aim for zero waste to landfill
- Become a certified B Corp
- Encourage employees to work from home
- Use technology
Outline why sustainability and efficiency are important to an organisation.
Identify the main causes of low levels of sustainability and efficiency in a business environment.
Describe how to improve sustainability and efficiency in a business environment.
Be able to support sustainability in a business environment.
Learners must provide sufficient and valid evidence to achieve this outcome.
Evidence may include a log/diary, witness statements.
Find ways to reduce waste.
Recommend new ways of recycling.
Follow procedures for the maintenance of equipment.
Make best use of technology to work in an efficient way.