Know the characteristics of a successful entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship is often described as the process of starting a business that offers an innovative product, service or process. The entrepreneur sees a potential business opportunity and follows it through to delivery.
The skills and behaviours required to be an effective entrepreneur include:
- effective communication and interpersonal skills
- creative and imaginative thinking
- practical, organisational and planning skills
- the ability to manage finances
- confident to work on own initiative
- risk taker
- motivated, passionate and enthusiastic.
Define the term ‘entrepreneur’.
Identify the main skills that are needed to be a successful entrepreneur.
Identify some of the behaviours that are needed to be a successful entrepreneur (e.g. willingness to take risks).