Portfolio of Evidence
When working in an administrative role it is important to respect the beliefs, values and customs of other colleagues. In this unit learners will demonstrate how to behave appropriately in an office environment, including the appropriate types of communication and language needed to present themselves professionally and how to support others.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Be able to respect and support other people at work in an organisation.
To achieve this learning outcome learners need to know the importance of respecting and supporting others and how to achieve it. This may include:
- listening to others opinions
- allowing others to express their own opinions and ideas
- knowing about other beliefs and customs and respecting practice
- appropriate use of language
- understanding what could offend others
- knowing own and others limitations
Learners should know about organisational procedures and legal requirement with regard to the rights of others. They do not need a detailed knowledge however they should understand potential consequences of not adhering to them.
Complete work tasks alongside other people in a way that shows respect for:a) backgrounds
c) values, customs and beliefs.
1.2Use feedback from other people to improve own way of working.
1.3Follow organisational procedures and legal requirements in relation to discrimination legislation.
1.4State how an organisation benefits from having a workforce that respects and supports one another.
Be able to maintain security and confidentiality.
Maintaining security and confidentiality is critical in any office. Learners need to know what is meant by confidentiality in an office context. This may include:
- types of confidential information e.g. personnel information, payment details, company sensitive information
- office rules relating to confidentiality for example not giving personal information to others
Security in an office can include:
- accessing the building
- wearing identification at all times
- security of information
- visitor procedures
2.1Keep property secure, following organisational procedures and legal requirements.
2.2Keep information secure and confidential, following organisational procedures and legal requirements.
2.3State why it is important to maintain security and confidentiality in a business environment.