Know the importance of administration within an organisation.
Administrative skills and their role may include:
- IT skills - internal and external communication
- general office procedures - health and safety compliance, efficiency of day-to-day work
- telecommunication skills - internal and external customer satisfaction
- stock management - efficient use of materials, financial benefits
- planning and managing travel arrangements, meetings etc. - efficiency of business
Commonly used administrative processes may include:
- annual leave and sick leave
- grievance procedures
- IT code of practice
- financial arrangements
- dress code
- ordering stationery
Importance of administrative processes may include:
- provide an objective set of rules that help in the efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- decisions are fair and consistent if the processes are adhered to
- managers are accountable for their decisions
Value/importance of efficient administration:
• customer satisfaction
• speed of service
• impact of errors
• contribution to good team work and job satisfaction
Identify different administrative skills and their role in business organisations.
Describe some commonly used administrative processes and their value to business.
Explain why efficient administration is critical to business success.