We have made changes to the policies listed below. Please familiarise yourself with these documents.
Appeals Policy and Procedure
- Expanded scope to include appeals where Gateway Qualifications makes the assessment decision.
Centre Recognition Policy
- New policy setting out requirements for:
– Centre Recognition including Centre requirements and responsibilities
– additional qualification approval
Centre Recognition Withdrawal Policy and Procedure
- Wording changed to reflect requirements for Centres to confirm Centre Certificate has been destroyed rather than returned.
Complaints Policy and Procedure
- The policy has been restructured with an additional section added to include Gateway Qualifications’ responsibilities.
- Clarification as to what is out of scope, e.g. assessment decisions.
- Process overview set out in a table.
- Revised section on complaint investigation and reporting.
Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedure
- The policy has been restructured to include new sections with examples of where conflicts may occur.
- Clarification on how Gateway Qualifications will identify, monitor and manage potential or actual Conflict of Interest, along with a definition statement.
- Ofqual examples of personal interest have been added and further examples of Conflicts re-ordered.
- The changes include examples of potential conflicts that may apply in the case where we would directly assess.
Endorsement of Third Party Resources Policy and Procedure
- The scope of the policy has been amended to state that the policy applies to resources that are developed and owned by third parties.
- Statement to reserve right to refuse endorsement, possible requirement for a legal agreement.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy – Qualifications and Assessment
- The changes include changed the name from “Equality, Diversity and Inclusion – Centres” so that the Policy applies to where Gateway Qualifications directly assesses.
Malpractice and Maladministration Policy and Procedure
- Changes include alignment with:
– Ofqual’s definition of Malpractice and Maladministration
– Ofqual’s guidance on Malpractice and Maladministration
– the Centre Agreement terms and conditions
– the associated internal standard operating procedure for reporting Malpractice and Maladministration
- Additional examples (including those provided in Ofqual’s guidance) are included in the form of a table, a revised section on Centre Responsibilities, a new section stating how Gateway Qualifications prevents malpractice and Maladministration, revised presentation of the investigation procedures, and clarification on the procedure for reporting Malpractice and Maladministration.
Reasonable Adjustment and Special Consideration Policy
- The paragraph relating to declaring Centre permitted reasonable adjustments have been rewritten to clarify requirements. Links have been added to the Centre guidance for reasonable adjustments and special considerations, and related Policies.
Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
- The process section has been updated to give clarification regarding where an application for recognition of prior learning is required.