The main focus of the assessment for this unit is on the skills required to use community facilities. However, it is expected that the underpinning teaching and learning will help develop learners’ awareness of:
• the different facilities (e.g. leisure centres, social clubs) in their own community
• the services, activities or opportunities on offer
• the benefits of using these.
To enable learners to access and use social and leisure facilities within their community.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Be able to access social and leisure facilities within the community.
- the location of a local facility offering an activity of interest to self
- when the activity takes place
- the cost of the activity.
Be able to use social and leisure facilities.
Arrive at the right time, appropriately prepared for a specific social or leisure activity or opportunity.
Take active part in a specific activity or opportunity.
Be able to express a view about social and leisure facilities in the community.
Communicate own opinion about one or more community facilities or associated activities or opportunities.