Know the importance of administration within an organisation.
Administrative skills and their role may include:
- IT skills - internal and external communication
- general office procedures - health and safety compliance, efficiency of day-to-day work
- telecommunication skills - internal and external customer satisfaction
- stock management - efficient use of materials, financial benefits
- planning and managing travel arrangements, meetings etc. - efficiency of business
Commonly used administrative processes may include:
- annual leave and sick leave
- grievance procedures
- IT code of practice
- financial arrangements
- dress code
- ordering stationery
Importance of administrative processes may include:
- provide an objective set of rules that help in the efficiency and effectiveness of the business
- decisions are fair and consistent if the processes are adhered to
- managers are accountable for their decisions
|MERIT ||DISTINCTION |
|In addition to the pass criteria, the learner can: ||In addition to the pass and merit criteria, the learner can: |
|M(i) Explain how the administrative processes within three different functional areas of one organisation contribute to its success |
| D(i) Evaluate the administrative efficiency of two contrasting organisations and its impact on organisational success D(ii) |
Identify different administrative skills and their role in business organisations.
Describe some commonly used administrative processes and their value to business.
Explain why efficient administration is critical to business success.