Below you will find answers to the most common questions we are asked by learners.
As an Awarding Organisation, we do not offer our qualifications directly to learners, we work with education providers across the country who provide the teaching, resources and assessment required to help you achieve our qualifications.
- Many of our CPD qualifications can be studied through our partnership with CQS.
- A list of providers offering our Access to HE courses is available on the Access to HE website here.
- For help in finding a suitable provider of one of our other courses, please visit the National Careers Service website, or call them on 0800 100 900.
The prices displayed on our website are the per-learner registration and certification charge and do not necessarily reflect the charge a provider will make to learners.
In addition to the charges shown on our website, providers will have to take into account factors such as your eligibility for public funding, the cost of teaching staff, buildings and any other resources or equipment that they make available.
It is always best to check the cost of a course directly with a provider.
Your training provider or college will provide you with your certificate, so you should speak to them in first instance about when you can expect to receive your certificate.
Gateway Qualifications endeavours to dispatch certificates to centres within five working days of a successfully completed claim. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you will receive your certificate five days after completing your course as there may be work that needs to be marked or checked, or the provider may be planning an awards ceremony to present successful learners with certificates.
If you have spoken to your training provider and believe you should have received a certificate please contact us.
If you have a qualification certificate awarded by OCN Eastern Region or Gateway Qualifications that you would like to verify as authentic you can use our free Certificate Authentication service to instantly verify a certificate online.
You will need the following information to complete the authentication, most of which you will find on the certificate:
- Qualification Number (QAN)
- Certificate Number
- Learner’s Name
- Learner’s Date of Birth (DOB)
In order to replace a certificate, we will require to complete an online application form. Please read all of the following information before completing the form.
Gateway Qualifications (formerly known as OCN Eastern Region) can only issue replacement certificates from 2005 onwards. In addition, if you studied a NOCN qualification we are unable to provide replacements and you should contact NOCN directly for further information. If you are unsure, please contact your college or training provider for further information before proceeding with this application.
It costs £25.00 for a search of our archive records and is non-refundable whether or not the search is successful. The fee includes the replacement certificate and/or amendment of the certificate requested and postage.
If we hold your results – What you need to know
- This form should only be completed when the college or training provider you studied at no longer holds your records. Please contact them before completing the form.
- We aim to process the request within 10 working days after full payment is received.
- All certificates will be sent by Royal Mail – 1st class recorded delivery to UK addresses.
If you wish to proceed – Please complete this form to request a replacement certificate.