From 1st August 2021, we will require Centres to select units at the point of learner registration.
The option to select units at the point of registration is available now and has been used successfully by many Centres during the period of the Extended Extraordinary Regulatory Framework. From the 1st August 2021 we will be making it mandatory to select units when registering learners. Please continue to refer to the existing guidance on how to select units or to amend existing selections.
This slight change to the existing learner registration process will:
- help us to provide you with targeted support for the units you are delivering
- ensure that requests for samples are based on your unit offer
- ensure that only units you have selected will be available when claiming your certificates
- make the completion of either the RAC or Direct Entry Results simpler for qualifications with a large number of optional units (also reducing the potential for inaccurate claims)
- enable you to use our rules of combination checker to check that the selected units will meet the rules of combination for the qualification
This does not apply to Access to HE registrations, where you will continue to have a maximum of 12 weeks from the cohort start date to confirm which units are being taken. Please follow the guidance on selecting units for Access to HE courses.
To help you prepare for the change, we have answered some of the most common questions about the process below: