Support your delivery of cybersecurity and eSafety with this free set of teaching and learning resources from Gateway Qualifications.
These resources are available for free in Prism for Centres approved to run the Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Award in Cybersecurity and Gateway Qualifications Level 2 Award in Cybersecurity and include a Learner Pack, Teaching Resource Guide and a ready-to-deliver PowerPoint. The samples below are taken from the Level 1 Award in Cybersecurity.
The Level 1 and Level 2 Awards in Cybersecurity are modern, up-to-date qualifications covering aspects of e-safety and helping keep your staff and learners safe online and protect against online threats.
Find out more about how Centres are using these qualifications and get some top tips in our webinar Are you and your learners Cyber safe?
This provides guidance for activities to help learners to think about what they have been discussing with the teacher and the rest of the group. There are also:
- Assessment tasks
- Discussion activities
- Learner activities
Teaching Resource guide
This guide summarises the delivery of the units. Teaching and learning activities can be adapted to meet learners’ diverse needs and profiles. This includes:
- Index of Assessment activities
- Tutor guidance on delivering the unit
- Using the learning pack
The ready-to-deliver resource PowerPoint helps with delivering discussion topics, learning activities, and assessment tasks.
It covers all topics covered in the unit, such as:
- What is Cybercrime – Phishing, Cyberextortion, Ransomware attacks, etc.
- Criminal motives for Cybercrime
- Protective methods and an overview of cybersecurity
- Cyber security testing, including Ethical hacking
- Sharing information
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other regulations
- Ethical and unethical behaviour using computers