Updating and continuing professional development (CPD)
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
The suite of Supported Employment qualifications have been developed by Gateway Qualifications in conjunction with LSIS and BASE (British Association for Supported Employment) the membership body for supported employment agencies (SEAs). The qualifications have been based on the supported employment NOS produced in 2012 in response to the growing demand for the professionalising of the supported employment sector.
The Level 3 Award in the Core Values of Supported Employment is a small introductory qualification which sets out the core values, fundamental to the sector, and which would be suitable for people:
- already employed in the sector, particularly those newer in post
- considering a career in supported employment
- whose job requires an understanding of supported employment
- involved in supported internship delivery or management
The suite of Supported Employment qualifications comprises of:
- a small introductory qualification which sets out the core values, fundamental to the sector
- a series of larger awards which focus on competence in specific aspects of supported employment practice and an understanding of the underpinning values
- a larger qualification, made up of all six awards, which covers the full range of functions expected of a supported employment practitioner, along with the underpinning values for the sector