Updating and continuing professional development (CPD)
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
The suite of Supported Employment qualifications have been developed by Gateway Qualifications in conjunction with LSIS and BASE (British Association for Supported Employment) the membership body for supported employment agencies (SEAs). The qualifications have been based on the supported employment NOS produced in 2012 in response to the growing demand for the professionalising of the supported employment sector.
The Level 3 Award in the Core Values of Supported Employment is a small introductory qualification which sets out the core values, fundamental to the sector, and which would be suitable for people:
- already employed in the sector, particularly those newer in post
- considering a career in supported employment
- whose job requires an understanding of supported employment
- involved in supported internship delivery or management
The suite of Supported Employment qualifications comprises of:
- a small introductory qualification which sets out the core values, fundamental to the sector
- a series of larger awards which focus on competence in specific aspects of supported employment practice and an understanding of the underpinning values
- a larger qualification, made up of all six awards, which covers the full range of functions expected of a supported employment practitioner, along with the underpinning values for the sector
This qualification is available to study through our partnership with Curriculum and Quality Solutions (CQS). For more information and prices please visit the CQS website.
Rules of Combination
Learners must complete one mandatory unit totalling 2 credits to achieve the award.
Learners must complete the unit in Group M to achieve the qualification.
Core Values of Supported Employment
What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification is particularly suitable for people who are:
• already employed in the supported employment sector, particularly those newer in post
• considering a career in supported employment
• whose job requires an understanding of supported employment
• involved in supported internship delivery or management
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
This is an introductory qualification that covers the values that underpin the supported employment sector.
You will take the following mandatory unit:
• The core values of supported employment.
The content of this units is based on the National Occupational Standards for Supported Employment.
How is this qualification different from other, similar qualifications?
Learners can add a further unit to this qualification to achieve a Level 3 Award in a specific area of supported employment, such as the Level 3 Award in In-work Support and Career Development for Supported Employment. Alternatively you can achieve the Level 3 Certificate for Supported Employment Practitioners by completing units across the full range of functions carried out by supported employment practitioners.
Which sector does this qualification support?
The qualification provides you with the basis for progressing to a number of jobs in the supported employment sector, in particular to roles where further more specific training will be provided, e.g. employment engagement officer or job coach.
Progression & Entry RequirementsLearners must be aged 19 or over to take this qualification. You do not need any specific prior qualifications or levels of attainment to enter for the qualification.
Learning Aims Search
The Hub provides a Learning Aims Search which you can use to check the funding status of any qualification or unit.
We have done our best to collate and summarise the key information, and wherever possible we alert our providers to changes in funding policy.
This funding information is provided in good faith and it is always advisable to check directly with the funding agencies before committing to delivery.
The following support materials will help you to deliver this qualification.