External Quality Assurers are appointed to a Recognised Centre.
External Quality Assurers will:
- Sample assessment and learner evidence of achievement
- Ensure that rigorous processes are in place for the assessment, tracking and recording of individual learner achievements in accordance with Gateway Qualifications requirements
- Be appointed for a sector or cluster of courses and will scrutinise the evidence for all units offered by the centre in that sector or cluster
- Sign off the Recommendation for the Award of Credit (RAC)
- Recommend Direct Claims Status where appropriate
External Quality Assurer reports are made available to the centre and form an important source of evidence for the centre quality improvement plan.
For further information regarding External Quality Assurance please contact us.