This form is for Centres to complete with any Special Consideration requests. Please read the Reasonable Adjustments and Special Consideration – Centre Guidance before completing this form.
Notes on the completion of the Special Consideration Form:
Gateway Qualifications has designed this form to ensure that it is easy to understand and complete. However, we have provided some additional guidance for key fields below.
- Please complete a separate form for each learner and each qualification, listing all units/components affected in the same specification. However, in cases where a group of learners have been disadvantaged by a particular event (eg fire alarm) a single form can be submitted with all learners listed.
- Please state on the form the precise nature of the adverse circumstances affecting the learner, including, in the appropriate boxes, the date when the circumstances first began to affect the learner and whether the learner is still affected by them during the examination.
- In cases where medical/psychological evidence is required, please ensure that this is attached to the form.
- The centre quality contact must support an application for it to be accepted.
- After the publication of results, late applications may be accepted only in the most exceptional circumstances and only before the deadline for enquiries about results for the respective examination series.