Change to mandatory assessment requirement Level 1 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Skills for Hair and Beauty.
Following a review of the Level 1 Skills for Hair and Beauty qualifications, the mandatory assessment requirement for the Level 1 Shampoo and Condition hair unit (A/600/1208) has been removed. No other changes have been made and therefore all other assessment requirements are still applicable:
- Simulation is not allowed for any performance evidence within this unit.
- The learner must practically demonstrate in their everyday work that they have met the standard for shampooing and conditioning hair.
- The assessor will observe the learners performance on at least 3 separate occasions each for a different client.
- The learner must show that they have:
- used effleurage, rotary and petrissage massage techniques
- worked on hair lengths, above and below shoulder
- used surface and treatment conditioning products.
- It is likely most evidence of the performance will be gathered from the observations made by the assessor but the learner may be required to produce other evidence to support the performance if the assessor has not been present.
The change comes into effect immediately but should any learners have completed the written questions this can be used as evidence towards the unit.
This change affects the following qualifications:
- Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Award in Skills for Hair and Beauty
- Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Certificate in Skills for Hair and Beauty
- Gateway Qualifications Level 1 Diploma in Skills for Hair and Beauty