You can now begin delivering Digital Functional Skills Qualifications (DFSQ).
These brand-new qualifications form a key part of the Department for Education’s (DfE) strategy for developing digital skills.
We are incredibly proud of the hard work that has been put into developing these prestigious qualifications. A special thank you goes to the Centres who we consulted with during the development; their continued support and invaluable contribution helped Gateway Qualifications to become the first Awarding Organisation to pass Ofqual’s technical evaluation.
Carol Snape, CEO of Gateway Qualifications, said, “Digital Functional Skills Qualifications are another step towards equipping everyone with the skills they need to succeed in our modern, digitally focused society. Digital skills are critical to us all, and at Gateway Qualifications we believe that everyone should have access to the qualifications they need to be successful in our increasingly technology driven world.”
Looking for more detailed information?
Dedicated web page for all the information you need
Introduction to DFSQ webinar – choose a date that’s best for you!
Diagnostic tool to identify learners’ requirements
- Entry Level 3 in Digital Functional Skills
- Level 1 in Digital Functional Skills
Reasons to offer DFSQ
- They are now live! It’s ready for delivery – from 1st August 2023
- Sets the foundation for progressing into employment and further learning
- Recognised through the “Functional Skills” brand and understood by employers
- Supporting evidence to Ofsted that you’re deploying a digital curriculum that offers learners the skills and knowledge that reflect the needs of the local, regional and national context
- Fully funded for eligible adults as a legal digital entitlement
- AEB funding rate £336 per qualification
- Available at Entry Level 3 and Level 1
- Replace ICT Functional Skills which are no longer available from 31st July 2023.
- Sit alongside Qualifications as part of your digital literacy offer
Why choose Gateway Qualifications for DFSQ
- Competitively priced at £19.50 per learner
- Mark-based approach to assessment with a Pass/Fail model
- Online assessment which is best suited for digital qualifications
- Free Teaching and Learning Resources
- Free onboarding training so you can deliver and assess with confidence
Contact us if you have any questions about DFSQ. Whether you want to know how to embed it into your adult curriculum or build into your 16-19 study programme, have specific funding enquiries, or anything else, we have someone who can help!