On 25th April 2014 a new brand entered the AO world and Gateway Qualifications was born.
Rebranding as Gateway Qualifications was much more than a name change. It was about revisiting our Open College Network ethos, re-focusing on the learner and their needs in today’s world, and strengthening our support for the providers we work with.
Five years on, we have expanded our range of flexible, credit-based qualification portfolio to more than 600 qualifications on the Ofqual Register of Regulated Qualifications as well as the Access to HE Diploma. Meaning that over 200,000 learners can now proudly display a Gateway Qualifications certificate to demonstrate their success.
We’re still passionate about meeting and exceeding the expectations of our customers, and the feedback we receive from customers shows how much that is appreciated.
As a Gateway Qualifications centre you will have a dedicated, named team looking after you. Customers tell us that the personal touch is important so phone calls are answered personally and, although all our systems and procedures have easy to follow guidance available, we are also here for you at the end of the phone if you need us.
There is flexibility in the way we work with you to meet your needs and those of your learners. We don’t prescribe fixed learning approaches as we believe our role is to enable our centres to provide learning experiences that empower their learners, to suit the way they want to learn. After all, you know your learners best, so you should be empowered to help them achieve in the way that best suits them.
Building on the ethos, values and expertise of our Open College Network roots, Gateway Qualifications set out to empower learners by providing learning experiences that inspire personal development.
Five years, and four education secretaries later (can you name them all without looking them up?), our qualifications continue to enable courses that are tailored to the individual, their personality, skill set and ability, and enable them to fulfil their ambition.
A few of our highlights from the past five years:
- Gained IIP Gold and been shortlisted for the IIP awards
- Shortlisted for Awarding Organisation of the Year
- Won contract with Ministry of Justice for exclusive provision of ESOL
- Printed over 200,000 learner certificates
- Walked over 150 miles to raise money for our local hospice
- Launched a new website
- Celebrated with Beacon Award winners
- Developed over 300 new qualifications to meet centre and learner needs
- Introduced blended leaning Access to HE Diplomas
- Developed leading-edge British Values and Mental Wellbeing qualifications
- Seen the dedication and achievement of our Access to HE learners recognised through the Keith Fletcher awards
- Welcomed over 300 new Recognised Centres
But through all this our focus remains on creating the highest quality of qualifications which are accessible to all and enable the learner to thrive.
Here’s to the next 5 years!
Oh, and those education secretaries? Michael Gove, Nicky Morgan, Justine Greening and Damian Hinds.