Apprenticeship Standard: Learning Mentor
The Learning Mentor apprenticeship standard is designed for apprentices who support learners to develop within a new work role. These may be learners of all ages and all levels and could be apprentices, trainees or new recruits (ranging from young entrants, to new CEOs) in the workplace, or in any vocational learning environment.
Full details of the standard are available on the Institute for Apprenticeships website.
Mandated qualification requirements
The Learning and Skills Teacher apprenticeship standard requires achievement of the following qualifications or equivalent for all apprentices:
- Level 1 Safeguarding
Complementary additional support qualifications
Employers may also wish candidates to achieve appropriate additional qualifications in Education and Training including mentorship.
Additionally, the following qualifications may be used to support apprentices to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.
- Level 1 Award in British Values
- Level 3 Award in Delivering Training
- Level 2 Award in E-Safety
- Level 3 Award in E-Safety
- Level 3 Award in IT User Skills (ITQ)
- Level 3 Award in e-Teaching
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 2 Award in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 3 Award in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 4 Certificate in Supporting the Learning of Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
- Level 3 Award in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Level 2 Award in Dyslexia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Dyslexia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award In Supporting the Maths Learning of Individuals with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award in Supporting the Literacy Learning of Individuals with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award in Dyspraxia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Dyspraxia
- Level 3 Certificate for Supported Employment Practitioners
- Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
English and Maths support
All apprentices must also achieve level 2 English and maths prior to taking their EPA. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the minimum requirement is Entry Level 3.
A range of support materials are available to approved centres and these can be accessed through Prism.
View a sample of our support materials.