Confirm occupational competence and/or ‘licence to practice’
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification is part of a suite of Education and Training qualifications incorporate the new qualifications that replace the Level 3 Award in Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) and Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).
This is a first stage teaching qualification which has a teaching/training practice requirement. It is an ‘in service’ qualification designed for those working or wishing to work as teachers/trainers in England. It requires observation and assessment of performance.
The qualification is for:
- those who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector.
- learners who have just started a teaching/training role
- teachers/trainers who are seeking career progression in their area of work those working with learners on a one-to-one basis
- learners who teach in industry
- learners who have already achieve some Learning and Development units that can be counted in this qualification
- assessors who wish to achieve a teaching/training qualification.All learners, whether pre-service or in-service must have access to a minimum of 30 hours of teaching practice.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- delivering education and training
- assessing learners in education and training
- using resources for education and training.
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to use initial and diagnostic assessments and plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning. They will also be able to assess learning and use appropriate resources to support effective learning.
This qualification is available to study through our partnership with Curriculum and Quality Solutions (CQS). For more information and prices please visit the CQS website.