Prepare for employment
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification is part of a suite of Education and Training qualifications incorporate the new qualifications that replace the Level 3 Award in Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS), Level 4 Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector(CTLLS)and Level 5 Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).
This qualification is a knowledge based introduction to teaching and/or training which has no teaching /training practice requirement. The qualification is the introductory qualification to a suite of teaching qualifications developed with The Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS). It is not a teaching qualification.
The qualification is for learners:
- who work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector.
- who are not in a teaching/training role, or who have just started a teaching /training role.
- who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- who have already achieved some Learning and Development units that can be carried forward into this qualification.
- are delivering education and training in any learning environment
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- assessment of learners
- facilitating learning and development for individuals
- facilitating learning and development in groups
- understanding principles and practices of assessment
Learners who successfully complete this qualification will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods. They will also be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.