What is the purpose of this qualification?
The qualification has been designed for learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. It is likely that they will be seeking work within the digital marketing sector, or they may already be employed as part of marketing team or within an independent consultancy business offering web site creation solutions.
The qualification forms part of the Advanced Apprenticeships Framework for roles within the digital marketing sector. It develops learners’ knowledge and understanding of the principles that underpin working in a digital marketing environment. The qualification has been designed to develop one specific aspect of competency within the social media and digital marketing industry.
This qualification covers the core knowledge and understanding as well as developing skills and competences needed to work in the digital marketing sector.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
Learners will complete six mandatory units which provide the core vocational content for the pathways within the apprenticeship framework:
• Understanding the business environment
• Understanding legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in sales or marketing
• Using collaborative technologies
• Principles of marketing and evaluation
• Develop own professionalism
• Digital marketing metrics and analytics
Learners will then choose from a range of more specialised units from the two optional groups, which they can align to the duties of their role. These include:
• Search engine marketing
• Content marketing
• Online display advertising
• Marketing on mobile devices
• Imaging software
• Video software
• Principles of social media within a business
• Content management system website creation
• Brand development
• Analyse and report data.
How is this qualification different from other, similar qualifications?
The following qualifications are available from Gateway Qualifications:
• Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for Business – which is suitable for people working at supervisory level in environments using social media to promote the business
• Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Business Admin – which offers a combined knowledge and competency based approach for roles within generic business administration roles
• Gateway Qualifications Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sales – which is a qualification designed to support the acquisition of skills and competence in a range of sales roles.
• Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Management is a generic management qualification which is suitable for a wide range of sectors as it allows learners to demonstrate competency as a manager and also provides underpinning knowledge and understanding of the role.
Which sector does this qualification support?
Gateway Qualifications offers other Level 3 qualifications which may be more suitable if learners wish to specialise within digital marketing or if they are in a business administration or sales role.
Potential job roles for those who are working towards this qualification include:
• Search engine optimisation assistant
• Acquisition assistant
• Email campaign assistant
• Online marketing coordinator
• Display marketing assistant
• Web site content manager
• Video marketing production assistant
This qualification is primarily intended as a means of developing the competence of those already employed or seeking to be employed within a digital marketing environment. It forms part of the Advanced Apprenticeship within this sector.
Job roles could include:
• eCommerce assistant
• mobile marketing assistant
• web site content manager
• video marketing production assistant
• email campaign assistant
• display marketing assistant.
What are the progression options?
Learners could choose to progress to completing an level 4 qualification in digital marketing such as the Level 4 Diploma in Digital Marketing or to a management qualification at level 3, designed to ensure that the learners management and leadership skills support productivity and efficiency of the workforce.
What are the higher education progression options?
Gateway Qualifications also offers a range of Access to Higher Education qualifications with a business or information technology focus if learners want to progress to Higher Education in the future.
Progression & Entry Requirements
The qualification is available to learners aged 16 and above.
No prior qualifications or specific level of attainment are required, however it is likely that they will be seeking work within the digital marketing sector or they may already be employed in the sector and wish to develop their skills and knowledge within the subject area.
The Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing is suitable for learners who want a qualification which is suitable for a wide range of roles within a digital marketing environment.
Although the qualification is located within the Advanced Apprenticeship framework, some learners will wish to take the qualification on its own, particularly if they already work in the industry and want to develop some specific or general skills relevant to the sector.