Gateway Qualifications’ ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are developed with ESOL experts and tutors to offer the flexibility required to meet your learners’ needs alongside robust assessment.
On-demand assessments with real-life tasks that learners can relate to at every level ensure your learners are better placed to achieve their goals and progress to higher level qualifications and employment.
Approved ESOL centres can access a set of support materials which include guidance on how assessments can be contextualised, teaching and learning resources written specifically to support tutors, and independent learning resources for learners.
*Certificates in ESOL Skills for Life are awarded at no additional charge once a learner has successfully completed all three components. Certificates are awarded at the level of the lowest achieved component.
Please note: these prices do not apply to providers delivering ESOL qualifications under the terms of our contract with the Ministry of Justice.
- Full qualification induction with on-going support and regular visits from quality assurance team
- Certificates turned around within 5 days of receipt of confirmed marks
- Support from a named account team
- Assessments are available on-demand and can be booked during evening and weekends
- No minimum time period between assessment attempts
- Assessment tasks based on life skills and everyday situations
- All Entry Level and Speaking and Listening at Level 1 & 2 assessments can be contextualised by Centres
- Entry Level assessment tasks can be taken on different days and times
- Each component is available individually as an Award (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening) or as an overarching Certificate
- Learners can ‘spike up’ a level as part of the certificate
- All assessments internally marked and externally quality assured (with the exception of Level 2 Reading and Writing which is externally marked)
You can claim additional funding for adults when teaching time exceeds the Guided Learning Hours for ESOL
Introduction to English for Non-native Speakers
This qualification is for non-native speakers who are seeking to learn English as a second or other language and would not be able to access an Entry ESOL course because of their very low starting point.
Gateway Qualifications is the Ministry of Justice’s sole Awarding Organisation for the delivery of ESOL for Prison Education
A qualification that is adaptable to a learners’ personal and environmental needs
A case study on how HMP Bronzefield use personalised qualifications to boost confidence and employability