What is the purpose of this qualification?
The qualification has been designed for learners aged 16 and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. It is likely that they will be seeking work within the digital marketing sector, or they may already be employed as part of marketing team or within an independent consultancy business offering web site creation solutions.
The qualification develops learners’ knowledge and understanding of the principles that underpin working in a digital marketing environment.
The Gateway Qualifications Level 4 Diploma in Digital Marketing is suitable for learners who want a qualification which is suitable for a wide range of roles within a digital marketing environment.
Gateway Qualifications offers more generic qualifications in Business Administration if learners are not sure that they want to specialise at this stage.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
This qualification covers the core knowledge and understanding as well as developing skills and competences needed to work in the digital marketing sector.
The qualification comprises of 120 credits and requires 585 guided learning hours or 1200 hours for the total qualification time.
Learners will then choose from a range of more specialised units from the two optional groups, which they can align to the duties of their role. These include:
• Online display advertising
• Marketing on mobile
• Video channel management
• Designing an effective web based user experience
• Content marketing
• Search engine marketing
• Email marketing
• Retention marketing
• Spreadsheet Software
• Relationship management for account managers
• Using Collaborative Technologies
• Principles of Social Media within a Business
• Principles of Keywords and Optimisation
• Principles of Social Media Advertising and Promotion
• Content Management System Website Creation
• Website Software
• Delivering e-commerce solutions
• Imaging Software
• Video Software
Which sector does this qualification support?
This qualification is primarily intended as a means of developing the competence of those already employed or seeking to be employed within a digital marketing environment.
Potential job roles for those who are working towards this qualification include:
• Digital marketing (ad/campaign) manager
• Digital marketing analyst
• Ecommerce marketing manager
• Search marketing manager/executive
• Social media marketing manager
• Acquisition manager
• CRM manager
• Email campaign manager
• Digital fundraising campaign manager
• Mobile marketing manager
• Web designer
• Web product manager
• Web analyst
• Video marketing director
• Video marketing editor
• Video marketing online channel manager
• Digital marketing manager/director
Progression & entry requirements
The qualification is available to learners aged 16 and above.
Learners could choose to progress to completing a level 5 qualification in management, designed to ensure that the learners’ management and leadership skills support productivity and efficiency of the workforce.