Apprenticeship Standard: Assessor Coach
The Assessor Coach apprenticeship standard is designed for apprentices who coach and assess vocational learners, usually on a one-to-one basis, in a range of learning environments. They may, for example, coach and assess apprentices, trainees or new recruits (ranging from young entrants, to new CEOs) in the workplace.
Full details of the standard are available on the Institute for Apprenticeships website.
Mandated qualification requirements
The Learning and Skills Teacher apprenticeship standard requires achievement of the following qualifications or equivalent for all apprentices:
- Level 1 Safeguarding
Complementary additional support qualifications
Employers may also wish candidates to achieve appropriate additional qualifications in Education and Training including coaching.
Additionally, the following qualifications may be used to support apprentices to demonstrate their knowledge and skills.
- Level 3 Award in Delivering Training
- Level 3 Award in Training Management
- Level 2 Award in E-Safety
- Level 3 Award in E-Safety
- Level 3 Award In IT User Skills (ITQ)
- Level 3 Award in e-Teaching
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 3 Award in Information, Advice or Guidance
- Level 2 Award in Mentoring
- Level 3 Award in Mentoring
- Level 4 Certificate in Supporting the Learning of Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism
- Level 2 Award in Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
- Level 3 Award in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Level 2 Award in Dyslexia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Dyslexia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award in Supporting the Maths Learning of Individuals with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award in Supporting the Literacy Learning of Individuals with Dyslexia
- Level 3 Award in Dyspraxia Awareness
- Level 3 Award in Supporting Learners with Dyspraxia
- Level 3 Certificate for Supported Employment Practitioners
- Level 2 Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
- Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
English and Maths support
All apprentices must also achieve level 2 English and maths prior to taking their EPA. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the minimum requirement is Entry Level 3.
You may find our bite-sized English and Maths qualifications can help support apprentices to achieve this.
A range of support materials are available to approved centres and these can be accessed through Prism.
View a sample of our support materials.