In the current situation, with colleges and training providers unable to deliver face-to-face training in the usual manner, temporary adjustments have been made to qualifications which require teaching practice or assessed observations.
In consultation with the Department for Education and the Education and Training Foundation (ETF) changes have been made by all awarding organisations to enable those who were due to complete this year to be awarded.
The Gateway Qualifications versions which are affected are:
Education and Training Qualifications:
- 601/2324/2 – Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- 601/2444/1 – Gateway Qualifications Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- 601/2445/3 – Gateway Qualifications Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- 600/8239/2 – Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- 601/1825/8 – Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- 601/1845/3 – Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
These are temporary adjustments, the below information and guidance from the ETF specifies the groups of trainee teachers for whom the adjustments can be made as well as the timescales so please do ensure that you refer to these. Additionally, these temporary adjustments could possibly change as the situation develops and further guidance is developed by the regulator (Ofqual).