Prepare for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification covers the knowledge and understanding needed to work in the retail industry and is ideal for those just starting to work or wishing to start work within the industry. Learners will develop the skills and knowledge required to work in a retail role. The qualification consists of four mandatory unit and 5 optional units.
The mandatory units cover:
- understanding customer service in the retail sector
- understanding retail process
- understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- understanding how retail business maintains health and safety on its premises.
Learners are able to choose from a variety of optional units to develop a programme of learning and progression unique to a job role, interests and aspirations, including:
- understanding retail consumer law
- understanding security and loss prevention in a retail business
- understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
- understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
- understanding visual merchandising for retail business.