What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification is suitable if learners need a short, introductory level 1 course in a specific aspect of the creative media industry: video production skills. It is particularly appropriate for :
• young people on trainee-ships who are working at level 1 and are seeking a short, focused qualification in the sector in which they wish to work/gain an apprenticeship, as part of the work preparation training element of a trainee-ship.
• learners of any age who have been disengaged with learning and need a short introduction at level 1 before progressing straight to a larger certificate or diploma at level 2.
• learners of any age who want to supplement the main element of their programme with a small amount of specialised learning in an area of specific interest to them.
• unemployed adults needing to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to the creative media industry to potential employers, particularly where further work-based training will be on offer.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
This single-unit qualification covers introductory video production technologies and the skills to plan, create and review a short video sequence. The learner must take the one mandatory unit:
• Video Production Skills for Creative Media Industries.
How is this qualification different from other, similar qualifications?
This qualification is part of a suite of creative media qualifications at level 1. Learners should take this qualification to develop understanding of Video Production Skills for Creative Media Industries.
Which sector does this qualification support?
The main purpose of the qualification is to support learners progression to further level 1 or level 2 learning, as creative media job roles at this level are limited. However, the learner could progress to an entry-level or trainee job role in the creative media industry such as assistant video producer or editor.
What are the progression options?
The learners can progress to a general level 2 certificate or diploma in creative media or to a more specialised level 2 certificate, for example in moving image production.
Progression & entry requirements
The learners do not need any prior qualifications or a specific level of attainment to take this qualification. It is available to learners of any age.