What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification is suitable if you need a short, introductory level 1 course in a specific aspect of the creative media industry: Comic Art Work. It is particularly appropriate for:
• young people on trainee-ships who are working at level 1 and are seeking a short, focused qualification in the sector in which they wish to work/gain an apprenticeship, as part of the work preparation training element of a trainee-ship.
• learners of any age who have been disengaged with learning and need a short introduction at level 1 before progressing straight to a larger certificate or diploma at level 2.
• learners of any age who want to supplement the main element of their programme with a small amount of specialised learning in an area of specific interest to them.
• unemployed adults needing to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to the creative media industry to potential employers, particularly where further work-based training will be on offer.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
This single-unit qualification covers the introductory techniques and tools needed to illustrate characters and environments for the comic book industry. The learner must take the one mandatory unit:
• Comic Art Work for Creative Media Industries.
Which sector does this qualification support?
The main purpose of the qualification is to support your progression to further level 1 or level 2 learning, as creative media job roles at this level are limited. However, the learner could progress to an entry-level or trainee job role in the creative media industry, or to working freelance as a comic book illustrator.
What are the progression options?
The learner can progress to a general level 2 certificate or diploma in creative media or in art and design.
Progression & entry requirements
The learners do not need any prior qualifications or a specific level of attainment to take this qualification. It is available to learners of any age.