Prepare for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
This suite of Level 1 qualifications are intended to provide learners with an introduction to the skills required within the Creative Media Industries. They are designed to support progression to further learning and ultimately to work in the sector or other related sectors.
Rules of Combination
Learners must complete the two units, totalling 12 credits.
What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification is suitable if you need a short, introductory level 1 course in two related areas of the creative media industry: 3D modelling and game engine technologies. It is particularly appropriate for
• young people on trainee ships who are working at level 1 and are seeking a short, focused qualification in the sector in which they wish to work/gain an apprenticeship, as part of the work preparation training element of a trainee-ship
• learners of any age who have been disengaged with learning and need a short introduction at level 1 before progressing straight to a larger certificate or diploma at level 2
• learners of any age who want to supplement the main element of their programme with a small amount of specialised learning in an area of specific interest to them
• unemployed adults needing to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to the creative media industry to potential employers, particularly where further work-based training will be on offer.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
This qualification covers the introductory knowledge and skills needed to prepare, present and review a 3D model and create and test a 3D game engine map. The learner must take the two mandatory units:
• Digital 3D Modelling for Creative Media Industries
• Game Engine Technologies for Creative Media Industries.
How is this qualification different from other, similar qualifications?
This qualification is part of a suite of creative media qualifications at level 1. Learners should take this qualification to develop understanding of digital 3D modelling and Game Engine Technologies for Creative Media Industries.
Which sector does this qualification support?
The main purpose of the qualification is to support learners progression to further level 1 or level 2 learning, as creative media job roles at this level are limited. However, the learner could progress to an entry-level or trainee job role in the creative media industry or to working freelance, for example in computer games development.
What are the progression options?
The learner can progress to a general level 2 certificate or diploma in creative media or to a more specialised level 2 certificate, for example in computer games development.
Progression & Entry RequirementsThe learners do not need any prior qualifications or a specific level of attainment to take this qualification. It is available to learners of any age.
Learning Aims Search
The Hub provides a Learning Aims Search which you can use to check the funding status of any qualification or unit.
We have done our best to collate and summarise the key information, and wherever possible we alert our providers to changes in funding policy.
This funding information is provided in good faith and it is always advisable to check directly with the funding agencies before committing to delivery.
The following support materials will help you to deliver this qualification.