Awards in Independent Living
These qualifications will be of benefit to those learners who are beginning their journey towards independent living by raising awareness and developing skills around issues that they are likely to face. Additionally they will also be useful for those learners who have already embarked on the journey and need to develop or further develop skills in specific areas. This could form the basis of a programme for those learners currently in sheltered or residential establishments wishing to develop their independence level.
Qualifications in Progression
Qualifications in Progression are a flexible and responsive range of general and pre-vocational qualifications devised with the aim to progress learners into further learning and/or employment. They also contain many of the units from the popular Skills Towards Enabling Progression (Step-Up) qualifications so can be used in their place.
The qualifications consist of a range of core units to provide opportunities for learners to develop skills in the areas such as ICT, employability, learning to learn and personal development; plus a range of taster units in different sector specific areas providing opportunities for learners to test out their abilities and personal preferences before selecting a chosen career or employment route.
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Award in Digital Skills for Life (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Award in Keeping Safe and Healthy (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Award in Living and Working in the UK (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Award in Mental Wellbeing (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Award In Progression (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Certificate In Progression (Entry 3)
- Gateway Qualifications Entry Level Extended Certificate in Progression (Entry 3)