We understand that there may be times when alterations to assessment bookings are required and below, we explain the different approaches to take depending on the scenario.
What are some of the reasons for cancellation?
- A learner will be unable to attend on the date of booked assessment and needs to sit on an alternative date
- Learners are unexpectedly unable to take an assessment as scheduled
- The assessment has been booked for the wrong date in error
- The learner has withdrawn
When can Centres cancel?
Up to 24 hours before the scheduled date, Centres can cancel booked assessments by:
- going into Surpass and finding the learner on the Schedule tab, highlighting the learner and clicking on the Delete Test button
From 24 hours before the scheduled date, when the learners are on the Invigilate tab, you do not need to take any action as the booking will automatically clear 24 hours after the scheduled date.
NB – ensure that your attendance register and seating plan reflect the absence if required
There are three scenarios for rebooking assessments:
- When a learner has not attended the original booked assessment and not used their pin code, and the booking has been cancelled from the Schedule tab.
- When a learner has not attended the original booked assessment and not used their pin code, and the date has passed.
- When a learner has sat the original booked assessment and used their pin code and needs to resit the assessment.
When can assessments be rebooked?
- If cancellation was made prior to the 24 hours before the assessment date, when the learners were on the Schedule tab, you can go ahead and rebook immediately.
- If the cancellation was not made prior to the 24 hours before the assessment, when the learners were on the Invigilate tab, you will need to allow at least 24 hours after the assessment date to rebook.
- After a learner has not passed (resit), an assessment can be booked any time once the result has been received
NB – For resits, we advise that you allow sufficient time for additional teaching and learning to take place before entering a learner for a resit.
How do I rebook?
Book the assessment in the usual way on the Surpass platform.
Is there a cost to rebook?
Scenarios 1 and 2 (above): When a learner has not attended the original booked assessment and not used a pin code, there is no charge.
Scenario 3 (above): When a learner has sat the original booked assessment and used their pin code, the first resit per learner per level is free (Introduced for Price List 2023-2024, subject to change for other academic years), after which they should refer to the price list to find the cost of resits.
Further guidance on Assessment Scheduling Processes