We understand that there may be times when alterations to assessment bookings are required and below, we explain the different approaches to take depending on the scenario.
What are some of the reasons for cancellation?
- A learner will be unable to attend on the date of booked assessment and needs to sit on an alternative date
- Learners are unexpectedly unable to take an assessment as scheduled
- The assessment has been booked for the wrong date in error
- Learner has withdrawn
When can Centres cancel and how?
For all ESOL qualifications
- To cancel up to 24 hours before an assessment, when the learner is on the Schedule tab, please email: email@example.com to inform us of the learner that needs to have their dates adjusted. The Customer Excellence Team will then cancel the booking in Quartz freeing up the learner to be rebooked again by you via the usual scheduling assessment process.
- Or wait 24 hours after the end date of the booked assessment and the system will automatically clear the booking.
NB – ensure that your attendance register and seating plan reflect the absence if required.
There are two scenarios for rebooking assessments:
- When a learner has not attended or will not be attending the original booked assessment
- When a learner has sat the original booked assessment and needs to resit it.
When can assessments be rebooked?
- Any time after cancellation
- Any time after the assessment date
- For resits, we advise that you allow sufficient time for additional teaching and learning to take place before entering a learner for a resit.
How do I rebook assessments and resits?
Book the assessment in the usual way on Quartz.
Is there a cost to rebook? There is no charge
Click here for further guidance on Assessment Scheduling and Processes