Prepare for further learning or training and/or develop knowledge and/or skills in a subject area
Qualification Grading Type
Why choose this qualification?
We looked at our current Entry Level 3 and Level 1 offer in both the Business and Administration and the Retail sectors and saw that there was a lot of cross-over between the two. After discussing the idea with several centres, we decided that there was scope to merge the sectors into one suite of qualifications entitled ‘Business and Retail’. Centres can now create their programme of learning from an expanded list of revised units.
We carried out a full review of all units that are currently in the ‘Skills for Business and Administration’ and the ‘Skills for Retail’ qualification suites. Several new units have been created and others have been updated to ensure that our qualifications are fit for purpose and support progression. We have added indicative content to existing and new units and, in some cases, have amended credit values and guided learning hours (GLH) in response to feedback from centres. For these reasons, we believe that our new ‘Business and Retail’ qualification suite supports the changes within both the Business and the Retail sectors.
Rules of Combination
Learners must complete at least one unit from Group M – Mandatory worth a minimum of 3 credits and at least 3 further credits from Group M or Group O1 – Optional Units: Business and Retail.
Learners may complete 3 or more credits from Group 01 – Optional Units: Business and Retail.
Assist in the Assembly and Presentation of Visual Merchandising Displays
Computerised Accounting Software
Creating Business Documents
Handling Telephone Calls
Health and Safety in the Workplace
Product Pricing and Labelling
Supporting Business Meetings
The Control, Handling and Replenishment of Stock in a Retail Business
The Retail Industry
The Retail Selling Process
Understanding Customer Service in the Retail Sector
Understanding how Individuals and Teams Contribute to the Effectiveness of a Retail Business
Understanding social media for business
Using social media for business
Word Processing Software
What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification provides an introductory set of knowledge and skills, relevant to business and retail. It is of specific relevance to:
• unemployed adults needing to demonstrate their interest in and commitment to a particular vocational area to potential employers, particularly where further work-based training will be on offer
• young people on traineeships who are working at level 1 and are seeking a short, focused qualification in the sector in which they wish to work/gain an apprenticeship, as part of the work preparation training element of a traineeship
• learners of any age who have been disengaged with learning and need a short introduction at level 1 before progressing straight to a larger certificate or diploma at level 2.
What skills, knowledge, or understanding does this qualification develop?
The choice of mandatory units includes:
• Communication Skills for Work
• Working in Business and Retail
How is this qualification different from other, similar qualifications?
This qualification is part of a suite which includes an Award, Certificate and Diploma. Learners should take the Award if they need only a small amount of focused learning in business and retail before progressing to employment (with further training where possible) or to a Level 2 qualification, as illustrated in the target learner profiles provided above.
Which sector does this qualification support?
This qualification could lead to an entry-level role in business and retail such as administrative assistant, customer service agent, clerk.
What are the progression options?
Learners can progress to a Level 2 certificate or diploma in Business and Administration, including Gateway Qualifications’ Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Business. Other progression routes include Level 2 qualifications in Office Administration, Customer Service, Medical Administration and Contact Centre Operations.
Progression & entry requirementsLearners do not need any prior qualifications or a specific level of attainment to take this qualification. It is available to learners of any age. The learners can progress to a Level 2 certificate or diploma in Business, including Gateway Qualifications’ Level 2 Certificate and Diploma in Business. Other progression routes include Level 2 qualifications in Office Administration, Customer Service, Medical Administration and Contact Centre Operations.
There are now two main sources for funding information, a straightforward ESFA Qualification Search and the more detailed Find a Learning Aim website.
The new Find a learning aim (FALA) service provides a search tool that you can use to check the funding status of any qualification, framework, unit, standard or T Level:
The Education and Skills Funding Agency search provides funding information on qualifications. It does not provide funding information for units, non-regulated activity and work placements, for this information please use Find a learning aim (FALA).
How to find a learning aim
If you’re not sure how to use the new find a learning aim website, we’ve created a handy walkthrough to help you:
We have done our best to collate and summarise the key information, and wherever possible we alert our providers to changes in funding policy.
This funding information is provided in good faith and it is always advisable to check directly with the funding agencies before committing to delivery.
A free resource pack is available for this qualification.
We have pre-selected some of the most popular units used in short courses for adults and created a resource pack to support online, blended and face-to-face teaching and learning.
Units in this qualification with resources:
- Communication Skills for Work
- Digital marketing
Each pack contains:
- Teacher Delivery Guide – This guide summarises the delivery of the units and helps provide a structured, blended approach to the delivery of the units for face-to-face, remote delivery, or a mixture of both. The teaching and learning activities included can be adapted to meet the diverse needs and profile of learners.
- Learner Pack – This pack includes guidance for learning activities which will help learners to think about what they have been discussing with the teacher and the rest of the group. There are also assessment tasks which can be used as evidence for the qualification. Finally, there are checklists where learners can assess their own skills development and progress and record sheets for activities observed by the teacher.
- Teacher Resource PowerPoint – a ready-to-deliver PowerPoint presentation for each unit, featuring videos and activities for learners, along with comprehensive notes for teaching staff.
These resources are available free of charge to Centres approved with Gateway Qualifications. They can be downloaded from our Prism system and can be found on the “Documents” tab of the relevant qualification.