29 Nov 2021
How do I schedule learners for external assessments?
Before you begin – Some Important Information
- ESOL papers (E1, E2, E3 and Level 1)
- There is no need to schedule assessments any longer as papers are available to self select in the ‘Cohort Documentation’ option.
- An attendance register is not required at these levels.
- ESOL (Level 2)
- For a sitting on a specific day, enter the same date in both calendars.
- Enter the start and end times of assessment over the default 00:00 (without this the system will not be able to assign an assessment to the learners).
- An Attendance Register for every sitting held MUST be downloaded and completed.
All Online Assessments (Including British Values, Mental Wellbeing and Keeping Safe and Healthy)
- For Qualifications where an assessment window is permitted, enter the dates between which the candidates will sit, keeping this as small as practicable (for example, no longer than one month).
- Select the start time of 00:15 and the end time of 22:45 (this allows the assessment to be available between those times on each day).
Scheduling learners for external assessment:
- Log in to QuartzWeb and register the cohort of learners as usual
- Once the learners have been processed, a confirmation email will be issued to advise to log back in and book the assessment
- To book, go to ‘Actions’ and select ‘Your Cohorts’
- Select the cohort ID from the list displayed
- A full list of learners will be displayed. Click ‘All’ to select all learners
- Click ‘Results’ and select ‘Assessment Scheduling’
- Select the Task or Paper from the E-Assessment Unit drop-down list
- Please ensure you select Paper-based or Online, depending on the mode of assessment delivery you require
- Select the date of the assessment and enter the time by over-typing the existing 00:00
- Click ‘Check All’ to select all the learners if they are all taking the assessment at the same date and time chosen. Clicking ‘Uncheck All’ will remove this selection
- Individual learners can be selected by clicking the box within the submit column (for learners sitting at different times)
- Click ‘Submit’
- Click ‘Confirm’ if all details are correct
- A confirmation screen will appear – Click ‘Continue’
- The screen will then return to the E-Assessment booking page, further assessments can be booked if required
- Once the booking is accepted, an email advising the assessment documents are available to download (if applicable) will be issued.